How to become a US Citizen
If you wish to become a USC next year, Family Visa is announcing an Inauguration Special thru January 20, 2021 when Joe Biden is sworn in as president. We file your N400, help you with the English and Civics test, prepare you for the USCIS interview and attend the interview with you. Then enjoy the same rights as those born in the U.S. Travel with a US passport, sponsor a loved one or a family member for lawful permanent residence, register to vote, so you have a say in who your leaders are. (877) 659-3771, (775) 826-2099, (702) 836-9003,
For more information contact our attorneys at (775) 826-2099, (702) 836-9003, (415) 513-4533, or (877) 659-3771. email John Carrico: Immigration - Family Visa
In order to apply for United States Citizenship through Naturalization you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a legal permanent resident (LPR) for five years (three if currently married to the U.S. citizen through whom you earned residency)
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Demonstrate five years of Good Moral Character
- Pass the English test and U.S. History/Civics examination
Included in our service for clients seeking Naturalization are the following:
- Counsel on your record of Good Moral Character
- Preparation for the new, more difficult History/Civics examination
- Coaching for the citizenship interview
New Civics Test Required for Naturalization
On December 1, 2020, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service began administering a new naturalization test to those hoping to become U.S. citizens. The test draws from 128 potential civics questions, with the approved answers posted on the USCIS website. The test is given orally, and all applicants for naturalization will have to answer 20 of those questions chosen at random, with a passing score of 12.
When the test was first released a few weeks ago, many critics focused on its needless difficulty and complexity. The previous iteration of the test, last revised in 2008, required applicants to answer six of 10 questions, drawn from a pool of only 100.